For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means information that alone or in combination identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
When you visit our Sites or use our Services, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information about you:
Identifiers: Information such as your real name, email address, telephone number, online identifier, IP address and other similar information;
Commercial Information: Services you have purchased, obtained, or considered and content of your related communications with us.
Protected Classification Information: Information such as your age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or veteran or military status.
Internet Activity: Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our Sites.
Device information: Information such as the IP address, general geographic location, operating system, browser type, language preferences, mobile phone number, device identifier and other similar information associated with a device used to access, use, or interact with the Services.
Geolocation Data: Imprecise location information, like the city, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address.
Professional or Employment-Related Information: Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
Audio and Visual Data: Recordings of calls and video conferences.
Regulated Data: Information such as your criminal conviction history, background checks, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Sensitive Personal Data: Information such as your Social Security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number; or account log-in, financial account, password, or credentials allowing access to an account.
Other information you provide to us.
A large portion of the Personal Information we collect is collected directly from you. In some cases, we may collect Personal Information from third parties in the ways described in this Policy.
Directly From You
When you access, use or otherwise interact with our Platform, or otherwise engage with us in connection with our Platform, such as when you create an account with us or request additional information, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information.
Automatic Data Collection
We may collect certain information automatically through our Platform, such as your IP address, mobile carrier, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet.
Information from Third Parties
We, or third parties acting on our behalf, may collect Personal Information about you from third parties, including, without limitation, online and offline sources, entities affiliated with us, our service providers, Third Party Services, social media platforms, advertising networks and other public or commercial sources (collectively, “Third Party Sources”). The collection of Personal Information from these Third Party Sources can occur in a variety of ways, including, without limitation:
- We, or third parties acting on our behalf, may receive Personal Information about you from third parties that provide services to us through or in connection with the performance of our Services or the operation of our Platform (“Service Providers”). Service Providers may include, without limitation, hosting providers and payment providers.
- We may receive information from third parties whose content is linked to on our Platform. Any links to other websites, applications or other third party content on our Platform, are not an endorsement, authorization, or representation of our affiliation with that third party and we are not responsible for the content, privacy and security policies and practices of any third party. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements applicable to any third party websites, applications, or content you access.
- We may receive information from Third Party Services when you choose to sync your Decimal account with an account on a Third Party Service.
- We, or third parties acting on our behalf, may also receive Personal Information about you from other third parties, such as other users of our Platform, including without limitation, Customers and other uses of our Platform such as your accountant, bookkeeper, tax preparer or other business customers using the Intuit Platform (e.g., businesses from which you buy products or services, or with which you otherwise interact). We may also collect such personal information through features like member referral programs.
Please note, we may combine the Personal Information and other content and information we receive about you from multiple sources, including, without limitation, Personal Information we collect directly from you and one or more Third Party Sources.
The primary purposes for which we use Personal Information are:
- Customer Service and Customer Communications. We may use Personal Information to (1) provide customer service and support, (2) respond to your requests for information about our Services, and (3) send you emails, calls, and text messages to provide you with alerts and updates about your engagement with the Platform.
- Provide our Services. We may use Personal Information to provide our Services.
- Business Purposes. We may use Personal Information for business purposes including but not limited to: (1) registering accounts on the Platform, (2) registering and/or servicing an individual’s account with another entity, (3) providing information about our products and services, (4) responding to requests you send to us and to third parties, (5) call or send you text messages regarding your use of the Services, (6) carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts we have entered into, including, without limitation, any contracts between you and us; (7) operating and improving our products and Platform; (8) conducting statistical or demographic analysis; (9) customizing your experience with our Platform; (10) preventing fraud; (11) assessing the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns; and (12) other business purposes permitted under applicable law.
- Marketing Purposes. We may use your Personal Information to advertise and market to you including notifying you of special promotions, sweepstakes and contests, opportunities, offers and events through e-mails, and other means. We also use Personal Information to serve you targeted ads.
- Law Enforcement/Legal Purposes. We may use Personal Information to cooperate with law enforcement or other legal purposes including: (1) complying with legal and regulatory requirements; (2) cooperating with law enforcement or other governmental agencies for purposes of investigations, public safety or matters of public importance when we are legally required to do so or believe that disclosure of Personal Information is necessary or appropriate to protect the public interest; and (3) protecting and defending against legal actions or claims.
Please note, we may use and disclose aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified information collected in connection with our Platform and other information that does not identify any individual (“Anonymized Data”) for any lawful purposes, which may include, without limitation, purposes not described in this Policy. Except as otherwise required under applicable laws, our use and disclosure of such Anonymized Data is not subject to this Policy.
To operate our Platform and provide our Services, we may share your Personal Information with certain third parties including:
- Service Providers. We may share Personal Information with service providers. For example, we may share Personal Information with vendors to help us host and manage our Platform.
- Third Party Services. If you choose to sync your Decimal account with an account on a Third Party Service, we may share your information with that Third Party Service.
- Business Providers. We may share Personal Information with our business partners and affiliates for our business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. We may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you.
- Marketing Partners. We may share Personal Information to facilitate the delivery of targeted ads, promotions and offers to you, on and off the Platform.
- Government and Law Enforcement. We may share your Personal Information with individuals or private parties where necessary to enforce and comply with the law, to protect our property or legal rights, for the safety of the public or any person, to prevent harm, and to protect the security and integrity of the Platform.
- Professional Advisors. We may share Personal Information with our professional advisors, such as our attorneys, accountants, financial advisors, and business advisors, in their capacity as advisors to us.
- Other. We may share Personal Information with third parties at your request or with your explicit consent.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
We use these tools to learn whether the Platform is operating optimally, learn whether you are a repeat visitor to our Platform, personalize advertising, obtain valuable data and statistics about the usage and effectiveness of our Platform, and help us provide an enjoyable, personalized and innovative online experience for you. We may combine information gathered from cookies with other Personal Information.
Generally, the type of information we collect through cookies and other tracking technologies is specific to your computer or other device and includes the IP address, date and time the device accessed our Platform, what parts of our Platform were visited, your internet services provider, the device ID number, approximate geographic location, browser type, the websites you visit before and after coming to our Sites, and whether the web pages requested were delivered successfully.
The Options/Settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage cookies and other technologies that may be uploaded to your device, including how to disable such technologies. You can disable our cookies, or all cookies, through your browser settings, but please note, disabling cookies may impact some of the features of our Platform and prevent them from operating as intended. You can learn more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been uploaded to your device and how to manage and delete them, by visiting https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
We use third-party analytics tools, including those listed below.
Interest Based Advertising
- Google Analytics’ Advertising Features. We have enabled and implemented the following Google Analytics Advertising Features: Search, Performance Max, Display, Shopping, Video & Discovery. To opt out of remarketing advertising provided through Google, to customize your ad preferences, or to limit Google’s collection or use this information, visit Google’s Safety Center and Google’s Ad Settings and follow Google’s personalized ad opt-out instructions. Opting out will not affect your use of the Services.
- LinkedIn Insight Tag. We may use LinkedIn Insight Tag, a cookie placed by LinkedIn that enables us to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns served on LinkedIn. The information collected by that cookie will be transmitted directly to and stored by LinkedIn. For more information about LinkedIn’s privacy practices, please refer to https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. To opt-out, you can update your advertising preferences through your LinkedIn account. If you do not have a LinkedIn account, LinkedIn allows you to opt-out of applicable targeted advertising by visiting https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls.
We offer you several choices with respect to how we use your Personal Information.
- You can opt-out of receiving marketing and other promotional email communications we send you by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in most email messages from us. Your unsubscribe request or email preference changes will be processed promptly, though this process may take several days. During that processing period, you may receive additional marketing and other promotional emails from us. Please note, opting out of these communications will only apply to marketing and other promotional emails and will not apply to any email or other communications we send to you for non-marketing purposes, including, but not limited to, emails and other communications about your interactions with our Platform.
- To delete your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- With your permission, we may send you text messages. We may also use your information to send promotional, personalized advertising and other text messages to any mobile device connected to your mobile phone number. You can opt-out of receiving such messages at any time by responding to a text message with the word “STOP”.
We are active on social media, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube (“Social Media”). Anything you post on Social Media is public information and will not be treated confidentially. We may post (or re-post) on the Platform and our Social Media pages any comments or content that you post on our Social Media pages. Your use of Social Media is governed by the privacy policies and terms of the third parties that own and operate those websites and not by this Policy. We encourage you to review those policies and terms before using any Social Media features provided through our Site or third-party websites.We also use advertising networks and services offered by Social Media companies for marketing and advertising purposes. As a result, the applicable Social Media company may drop cookies or pixel tags on your device when you use the Platform as described in the “Tools we use and your Choices” section above.
With your consent, we may record calls and video conferences related to our sales and provision of our Service. Recordings may be shared with Decimal personnel who need to access it for these business purposes. We retain recordings until the earlier of your request that we delete your information (subject to any limitations provided by applicable law) and our determination that we no longer need your information for the purpose for which we collected it.
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use commercially reasonable safeguards to maintain the security and privacy of Personal Information we collect and use in connection with our Platform. Nevertheless, when disclosing Personal Information, you should remain mindful that there is an inherent risk in the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms. Although we take precautions to protect against the risk of unauthorized access to your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information, including your Personal Information, that you disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, under California’s Shine the Light Law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83) you have the right to request the following information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes: (1) the categories of Personal Information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; (2) the names and addresses of the third parties that received the information; and (3) if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services they marketed. This information may be provided in a standardized form that is not specific to you.You are permitted to obtain this information from us once a year, free of charge. To make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:Decimal Attn: Decimal Technologies, Inc.600 N. Broad Street, Suite 5, PMB 8121 Middletown, DE 19709
Our Site and Services are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please alert us and we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this Policy at any time. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the top of this page. We encourage you to return to this page for any changes and to stay informed about our privacy practices.
Please email us at email@example.com with any questions, comments, concerns or feedback you have pertaining to our privacy practices.